Surreal Minimalist artist
I believe in light the way a painter believes in paint ...
I don't remember the accident that night. I don't remember seeing the cliff. I don't remember the car going down the ditch.
What I remember is waking up with foggy vision. I remember the warmth of the dark. I remember the climb out of the ditch; the rose bushes scratching my hand and tugging at my shirt. I remember the sound of the ocean off in the distance. I remember barely being able to see my hand in the pitch black night. And I remember the long, ceaseless walk, wondering if I would ever see anyone again.
I hate talking about that night. But I cannot deny the influence that the experience has on my work. My creative work allows me to channel my experiences from that night using various photographic mediums, so I can fully let the experience go.
My mission is not to tell you how to think about such an experience or even how I think about it. Rather, it is to give you the opportunity to explore the different aspects of experience, of feeling like you are in a dream, while drawing your own conclusion and forming your own interpretations of what you are seeing.
If you are interested in prints of my work, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I offer prints that are 30” and 60” wide printed on Ilford silver gelatin fiber paper using archival chemistry processes.
- "Snap!" Juried Exhibition, Arc Gallery San Francisco
- Boudoir, Burlesque and Bondage Art Show, Jingletown Art Studios, Oakland
- Monoawards, Honorable Mention, Multiple Categories, 2016 x5
- ND Awards, Honorable Mention, 2014
- Monoawards, Honorable Mention, Landscapes, 2014
- IKON Magazine, February 2015
- Dark Beauty Magazine, December 2014
- NIF Magazine (Online Feature)
- Uncovered Magazine (Online Feature)
- Fuse Magazine (Online Feature)